Full-Time Pediatrician - Flushing 45th Ave
Reports To: Medical Director
137-43 45th Avenue
Flushing, New York, 11355
The Charles B Wang Community Health Center, an award-winning federally qualified community health center is seeking pediatricians to join our Queens, New York practice. We are looking for team-oriented individuals interested in delivering high quality primary care in a community health setting. Our collegial outpatient-only practice offers strong ancillary support, including nursing support, referral coordinators, health educators, on-site mental health services, and social workers.
We do not require hospital rounding. Call is limited to telephone only. We also provide opportunities for teaching, research, and community outreach.
The Health Center provides excellent benefits including malpractice coverage, medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, flexible spending accounts (transit, parking, health, and dependent care), CME time and allowance, and National Health Services Corps loan repayment programs.
- Responsible for the total medical care of pediatric patients;
- Participate in all activities necessary to implement the multi-disciplinary team approach for the care of pediatric patients;
- Works closely with the ancillary services (nursing, social work, health education, etc.) to ensure that the patient is getting comprehensive and coordinated medical care;
- Provide medical care to patients in efficient and quality standards set by health center;
- Participate in quality assurance and quality improvement activities including peer chart reviews;
- Participate in development, review and delivery of community health outreach and education;
- Provide trainings on health topics to students, interns, other health staff to ensure coordinated care;
- Maintain skills through continuing medical education designated limits set by health center;
- Maintain productivity level designated by unit chief;
- Obtain and maintain hospital privileges in at least one hospital facility;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduated from an accredited medical school and licensed to practice in New York State.
- Certification or eligible for certification by the American Board of Pediatrics.
- Ability to speak Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean or Spanish is a plus.