Full-Time Family Practitioner - Flushing
Reports To: Director of Medical Affairs
Flushing, New York, 11355
The Charles B Wang Community Health Center, an award-winning federally qualified community health center, is seeking adult primary care clinicians to join our growing Queens, New York practice. We are looking for team-oriented individuals interested in delivering high quality primary care in a community health setting. Our collegial outpatient-only practice involves offers strong ancillary support, including nursing support, referral coordinators, specialists, health educators, on-site mental health services and social workers.
We do not require hospital rounding. Call is limited to telephone only. We also provide opportunities for teaching, research, and community outreach.
The Health Center provides excellent benefits including malpractice coverage, medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, flexible spending accounts (transit, parking, health, and dependent care), CME time and allowance, and National Health Services Corps loan repayment programs.
- Provide comprehensive, quality medical care to adult and may in addition to pediatric patients
- Work closely with the multidisciplinary team to ensure that patients receive high-quality coordinated care that meets NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home standards
- Provide consultations requested for other health center services’ patients
- Participate in departmental quality assurance activities including peer review and chart audits
- Assist the health center’s nurse practitioners as needed
- Teach medical students and nurse practitioner students as needed
- Assist in expanding and enhancing the medical departments by participating in outreach and community events
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited medical school and licensed to practice in New York State
- Certification or eligible for certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine and/or American Board of Family Medicine
- Ability to speak Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean or Spanish is helpful